Tuesday, September 7, 2004

Another Item for my Wish List

On Saturday, I wrote about crochet hooks that I'd like Santa to stuff in my Christmas stocking this year ... and while I had his ear this weekend, I added another item to my Wish List.

It's the second edition of the NYC Crochet Guild's calendar -- the only Crochet Theme calendar known to exist on the market, and they just became available on September 1st!

The nonprofit NYC Crochet Guild is a Chapter of the Crochet Guild of America and is, I believe, the largest chapter with some 1 gazillion members. OK, that's an exaggeration. But they do have over a hundred members and, like my chapter, they're growing in leaps & bounds.  The calendar is put together, including original patterns, by members of the NYCCG, and proceeds from the calendar helps them tremendously.  If you're interested in ordering it, or getting a sneak peak, then you can do so here:  http://www.yearbox.com/nyccrochet/

(In fact, our two chapters will get to "hang out" with each other at the upcoming Craft Yarn Council of America's "Knit Out and Crochet Too" event that is taking place on October 3rd. I had so much fun there last year; I can't wait for this years! ... you can learn more about this event by visiting the website www.craftyarncouncil.com)

Now, getting back to those fantastic calendars ... I was lucky to get the first issue last year (2004's) -- now, you know I want this year's (2005's)!  In looking at their website, http://www.nyccrochetguild.org it looks like they just may have a few 2004's left ... who knows, perhaps one day they might become a hot collector's item J

No comments: