Monday, April 16, 2007

Guest Blogger: Karen


First of all I surely hope that I'm doing this right! I've never blogged! So if it's wrong, I'm so sorry! My favorite stitch is simple, but I really like it - it's the shell stitch. I learned it from a pattern, I mostly have taught myself to crochet (perhaps this is why I'm not so good at some things!), 280 Crochet Shell Patterns by Darla Simsso I think that this was the first stitch that I learned except for sc and dc and chain of course!

My grandmother tried to teach me to crochet when I was small, she made doilies using thread. I just couldn't get the hang of thread (and still can't), but when I tried yarn, I found I could do it and LOVED to crochet. I really just like the way that the shell stitch looks, it's really pretty simple, but can look elegant. I also like crocheting when I don't have to do alot of counting, etc. And the shell I can just do and not have to think too much about!

I love using it in baby afghans, they are quick and easy, and every time I find out someone is pregnant I usually start up a shell stitch baby afghan for them. As for how I've shared this stitch, I'm sad to say that I haven't shared it with anyone - not to teach them.

So, today my daughter and I are going to sit down and I'm going to teach it to her. She can chain and sc and dc and now it's time for her to learn a new one! So I'm glad that I saw this blog, it's going to give my daughter a new stitch. Gee, thanks for the chance to run my mouth a little bit, this was really fun! Thanks, Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just added that book to my wishlist on Amazon:) I'm sure out of the many patterns there's something this crazy lefty can do!