Thursday, April 19, 2007

Guest Blogger: Jennifer


My Favorite Stitch!
Well, when Dee asked this question, I did not have to think too hard on the subject. I am such a basic person, and really tend to create simple things, but the one stitch that immediately came to my mind is the Triple V Picot Pattern that I found in my Encyclopedia of Crochet by Donna Kooler. (Page 151)
Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet
This grouping of stitches are such a transition from what I normally do….your basic sc or hdc! I love the lacey look of it and decided to use it to create a beautiful lime green sweater and rhinestone belt. It is definitely one of my most favorite creations!!! It was difficult to understand at first, and I was very thankful for the graph, but I eventually got the hang of it!! But I do have to admit that I still have some trouble with remembering which part of the pattern to end or begin a row with, so I have to keep my book handy when crocheting this sweater, LOL! But I am pleased to say that I believe I have mastered it!!

As for passing this stitch onto others, I am tickled to announce that Leisure Arts is purchasing the rights to this beautiful pattern and you will soon be able to crochet your own! I am so excited about this amazing opportunity!

You can see more of my creations on my website, www.jaybird-designs.com . Here you will find links on where to purchase my finished products as well as a few of my patterns. I also blog at http://jaybirddesigns.blogspot.com .

Thanks Dee for letting me share!
Jennifer-Colorado

(Note from Dee: Jennifer included with her blog entry here a most fantastic photo of this pattern that features the Triple V Picot stitch, but it cannot be posted until after Leisure Arts publishes Jennifer's pattern. I assure you, it's well worth the wait!! Congratulations Jennifer!)

No comments: