Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Everything I've Learned about Knitting

I am learning so much about knitting with my crochet hook!  Yesterday, after helping Margaret figure out how to post her YouTube video to her blog I sat and watched it over and over again.  At first I thought it would be great to learn it and use it with the Tunisian technique, perhaps eliminating that "starters curl" that happens so often.  But then I thought, why do Tunisian when I could crochet my knitted stitches? 

So I got out my "amazing crochet hook" and tried Margaret's Italian Cast-On technique.  I did it!  I learned how to cast on, Italian style, and set to work practicing my knit and purl stitches!

Then, since I was using Lion Brand's "MicroSpun," a fiber notoriously known for it's softness and it's splitting properties, I was forced to A. rip out all my work and begin again, or B. to learn how to frog individual *knitted* stitches and then pick them back up again.   I am proud of myself; I learned how to frog individual knitted stitches and how to pick them back up again.

Are the end results farse knitting, such as the results from Tunisian?  No!  Per my conversation with Andrea of www.amazingyarn.com, who sells the hook, the end results are true knitted stitches!  So, in fact, I am knitting.  Only I'm doing it with my crochet hook.  And better yet, I'm enjoying it!  And that's what it's all about, isn't it?  Enjoying the process as well as the end results?  :)

Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: