Sunday, May 16, 2004

She Said... (Daughter Explains Crocheting)

My daughter is the youngest member of our CGOA Chapter ... and apparently she's been listening.

As my daughter was crocheting a chain for me, my son inquired as to what the difference is between knitting and crocheting.

"Well," she said, "first, knitting has two 'T's, and crocheting only has one."

"What?" he asked, not quite understanding the significance of her answer.

She huffed a little and said, "That's alright, you're not a crocheter yet, so I'll explain it to you."  (Did I say she's 7 and he's 5?)

So he looked at her intently while she crocheted away and explained the difference to him ... careful that he understood the significance of what she had learned from me earlier this year.

"Knitting has two T's in it, this is because it's created with two needles."  She looked at him; I smiled as I watched this conversation take place.  "Crocheting," she went on, has one T in it because it's made with one hook."

"Oh," he said, and shook his head as if in agreement.

<<That's my girl!!>>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!  Kids say the darndest things don't they?  But I love the explanation!

Sheila