Thursday, May 13, 2004

Beads, Beads and more Beads

I hit the motherload of sales for beads today ... seed beads, that is. 

I was actually on a mission to find summer clothes for my son at Target this morning when I opted to stray just a bit.  I didn't think I could get into much trouble, as they don't carry yarn.  But, as life would have it, I turned around a corner here, and a corner there to find myself standing at the endcap with a huge sign reading "CLEARANCE" ... and there stood thousands of seed beads all screaming "TAKE US HOME WITH YOU!!"

So what's a responsible shopper like myself to do?  Yes, I did.  I looked; I touched; I dreamed.  I thought of the bead store that was once in Danbury that closed long before I would get bit by the BAS bug of which there is no cure (Bead Acquisition Syndrome).  Would these beads dare to jump into my cart?  I looked around; I swallowed hard.  I even clicked my heals three times.  Would this save me from the tempation of adopting all these little beauties?  (Nah!)

Now that I am home, I dare not to look in the shopping bag laying at my feet to count the many little containers that now call my home their home.  And, judging by the weight of the bag, there must be at least 20-30 little packages of them!

Fortunately, I can utilize all of these little treasures.  Forty-three cents for 30g of seed beads was a steal of a deal ... and it's a steel hook that will help transform their individual beauty into one that's a collective.

Now comes the hard part.  What do I want to crochet with them? 

Decisions, decisions!!

No comments: