Sunday, February 15, 2009

Beachin' Birthday Week Extravaganza

I want to thank everyone for the well wishes, and for the offerings to adopt my yarn stash. Mr. Dee is optimistic that A. he'll be able to find a new employer, and
B. that he will be able to stand looking at my stash for long lengths of time.
He's a trooper, I tell you! :)

He and the children have been whispering to each other all day, making plans ... I think, based upon what I've heard, they'll be taking me to the beach tomorrow as a way to kick off my birthday week extravaganza. I've only been to the (ocean) beach during the winter once. That was when I was visiting my family in Florida many years ago during Christmas. On Christmas eve my brother drove me out to Daytona Beach ... no, really, he was driving is 'vette ON the beach with the T-tops off ... grand memories I tell you!

In all the years I have lived in this state, this will be my first time visiting an ocean beach during the winter here in Connecticut. I find that really hard to believe!

What does one wear? I'm sure it will be much, MUCH colder than it was in Florida! Perhaps even colder than walking across a frozen lake. ... And, what should I bring with me to photograph? I love taking various crocheted items and photographing outdoors; I really should do it more often!

Going to the beach in the winter; what a howl! I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

ponykeg said...

Happy Birthday, oh great mentor! I celebrated mine in Daytona....at the speedway. I did, however, crochet all the way there and back!