Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hooked ... on Murder Mysteries

I put my crochet hooks and projects down last night and found myself engrossed in reading the hot-off-the-press new book, Hooked on Murder: A Crochet Mystery, by Betty Hechtman.   I finished the book about two hours ago.  Now I'm thinking we need some sort of Crochet Book Club where we can all gather to discuss the book -- the plot, the characters, the setting, the tone, etc.  I think Jane is on board with this.  So, at the moment, I've opened a thread on the Ravelry group called "The Crochet Liberation Front Headquarters."  (you will need to be a member of Ravelry.com in order to access the thread) 

As I think more about this, I'm thinking perhaps this should be it's own group on Ravelry?  Why?  Because on the cover of this book, it states it's first in a series.  This means there are more books of crochet drama headed our way.  And not only by this author, but also by crochet designer, Belinda Carter!  She has book coming out in a few months set with a murder taking place at a crochet conference!  Lucky us!

So, what do you think?    Are you interested in getting hooked too?

Oh, and if you want to know who-dun-it, I can safely say it wasn't the butler.  :}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am shopping for the book now, so I can join in!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, a murder at a conference and you're getting ready to attend one???  Very interesting....

Maybe I should be glad that I can't attend the conference - you know, just in case! ;)

Hugs,
Sheila