Monday, May 26, 2008

Crochet on the Edge

On this Memorial Day, we spent the day quietly at home, remembering those who gave their lives for the freedom we enjoy today.  We know, all too well, that freedom is not free.

I spent part of my day flipping through Bendy Carter's book, "
Crochet on the Edge."  I had thought I purchased it when it was published last year, but for the life of me, I cannot locate my copy.  So I went to Plan B and asked my local library to obtain it for me to borrow.

And they got it for me!  This book came all the way from the Mid-Continent Public Library, located in Kansas City, Missouri!! ... I call that Bendy country!  {VBG} 

I tried a few of the edgings earlier this afternoon, and also  selected a few to make copies of and take with me -- I'm going to attempt to crochet on a Coach Bus tomorrow, filled  with excited 5th graders!  (Since this book is on loan, I don't want to bring it with me in case something should happen to it, so the copies I made  should do the trick. Plus it reduces some of the weight in the backpack.  After all, there's only so much stuff I'm willing to "mule" around while trying to keep track of the kids I'll be assigned to.) 

And where will we be going?  To a knitter's house -- President Franklin D. Roosevelt's!  If there should be any of his knitted projects on display, I'll finally have the answer to a question I long asked myself: didhe crochet on the edge?  :)

In the meantime, I'll keep looking for my book.  I wonder if Mini~Dee borrowed it ...

No comments: