Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Feedback/Questions from Readers


I have crocheted for many years and I have never tried doing a filet piece before, but after reading your blog about the Laura Ingalls Wilder filet re-created piece in Piecework magazine, I bought the magazine and I am now on row 2 of the doily. It’s not hard, just a little hard on my ancient eyes. :) I just wanted to thank you for writing about it in your blog. I try to read your blog daily. I love how you represent Crochet in a positive way. Thanks for sharing so many great ideas with all of us. You inspire us daily with your blog.
Happy Crocheting. :) Vicki

Thank you for the lovely compliment, Vicki.  It is always a pleasure to hear from my readers, especially when they express something I wrote had inspired them to try something new! I do hope you contact me again and let me know how your project turned out!


Dee, I've been reading your blog for nearly a year, and on days you don't post I visit your archives. I've noticed that nearly all of your entries are positive. While I do appreciate that you inspire us I wonder why you don't write about things that upset you? Are you this positive in person?  I'd love to meet you in person some day!
Nancy

Hi Nancy, I love that you visit my archives and hope there are entries there that you like. It's interesting that Mary Beth Temple had asked me that very same question when she interviewed me on her BlogTalk radio show called Getting Loopy!  To answer your question, yes, I do try to be positive -- as much as possible -- especially here at CrochetingWithDee. The reason? Because there is so much negativity in the outside world, along with people willing to cover those topics, that I wanted to create a type of safe haven, a place where everyone could come to perhaps learn something about crochet, or share in an experience I enjoyed, as well as yarns, books & hooks I love, and so on.  Am I this positive in person?  I do try to be! 

I love  meeting my blog readers too!  In fact, I met Karen (Hi Karen!) at WEBs this past weekend!  If you're going to be in the Connecticut tri-state area, or at the Knit and Crochet Show this summer, let me know; I'd love to meet you!  ... and I'd like to thank you, and Vicki, for being regular readers.  It's always great to hear from my readers!  :)

~Dee 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have ALWAYS been very helpful and upbeat, Dee.  That is what I love about you!  In fact, I think there have only been two times in your blog that you have been a bit cranky.  But if I saw that someone was trying to steal my work and claim it as their own, I'd be more than a bit miffed myself.

BTW, I see it takes two to replace you! :)  Just got my magazine!

Love and hugs,
Sheila