Monday, September 25, 2006

Speaking of Crochet ...


Blog entries and coffee, to me, go together beautifully. It's sort of a quiet time for me to reflect about the topic I want to share while sipping on the finer details. Today, though, is a little different.

Oh, the surroundings and the routine are the same. My coffee is still hot with a wonderful aroma.  The birds are still calling to one another as they make their plans to fly south for the winter, and the trees still dance from side to side when the wind blows. (Yes, it does get that quiet here!) But yet, there's something just a wee bit different.

                 ...Today I'm hearing voices!  Lots of them!

No, I'm not off my rocker! I'm listening to a
podcast by the "Purlman" himself, Guido, who attended the New York City "Knit Out & Crochet Too" event I mentioned last week! I feel like I've been swept up in a time machine -- I love it!  If you've never been to a KOC2 event then listening to his podcast will be a real treasure.  If you have been to one, then sip on that hot cup of coffee, listen in, and enjoy the memories.

I'm off to see what details I can dig up on those that attended the Boston Knit Out yesterday ... Enjoy!


Hey, Guido, don't forget!  My offer to teach you how to crochet -- to release your "inner crocheter" -- still stands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, yes, blog entries and coffee go VERY well together!  Especially reading blog entries with a freshly brewed cup!  We "hookers" need 3 hands - two to crochet with and one to hold our coffee mugs!

BTW - thank you very much for clarifying the basket-weave pattern vs. technique.  What would we novices do without you???

I tip my mug to you!  Bottoms up!

Love and hugs,
Sheila