Saturday, September 16, 2006

Preparing for the NYC KOC2


So this is it; we're just a day away from one of the largest FREE fiber art functions there is around the country:  The Knit Out & Crochet too! event being held in NYC!  If you can, go!!!!!!! 

I'm soooo looking forward to going, and have much more work to do in preparation, from finishing my scarf for the Scarf Contest/Drive that will benefit the Orphan Foundation, to finishing my display for the Demonstration I'll be giving on Crocheted Flowers at 4:00pm.  If you'd like to be prepared by knowing the event schedule ahead of time, then you'll want to
print out the event schedule and be sure to come see me!  (I'll be wearing purple like the rest of my CGOA Chapter members, so we're easy to spot!)

I'd also like to point out that Lori will be joining the KOC2 list of volunteers this year.  Lori is a crochet student of mine who worked very hard at earning her CYCA Certification in record time!  Please be sure when you spot her at the event to give her a big "Yarn Whoot" of congratulations -- she's now a Certified Crochet Instructor and will be busy putting her newly acquired certification to use. Way to go Lori! :)

If you've never been to a KOC2 and are wondering what the big fuss is all about, click onto the collages below for details on the 2005 and 2004 events.  If you're not from the area, visit the Craft Yarn Council's website and see if there will be a KOC2 near you -- Boston's is next weekend!

     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken, I believe LionBrand had the dates and locations of the KOC2 on their website (www.lionbrand.com).

It sounds like a good time!  Be careful when you go!

Hugs and love,
Sheila