Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm back! Yippee! :)

I'll admit I did check in on my emails from time to time but really I spent my *vacation* time wisely.  I'd like to thank my Guest Bloggers for filling in for me while I took some time to:
     A.  Recover from twisting my ankle -- twice!  (It's still very swollen/sore but at least I'm able to hobble along).
     B. Prepare for the upcoming Conference (details will be in future blog entries)
     C. Spend time at my children's school/activities
     D. Spend time getting a handle on my yarn/hook/pattern/notion/bead stashes.
     E.  Spend time catching up on some crochet projects (
I didn't finish felting my bag yet ... it's an ankle vs. stairs thing, but I'll get there in due time and look forward to sharing the end results once it is finished.)

One thing that was accomplished today (besides a fun water balloon fight with the kids) was a scarf!  Yeah, I know, who crochets a scarf in 90 degree weather?  (Hmmm, wasn't it just a week ago or so where I was stating that it seems like Summer would never arrive?  Be careful what you wish for, right?!)  I attended another school function today and while I awaited I started a scarf using Berroco's Chunky Chinchilla yarn.  I don't know the exact size of the hook I used (no markings on it to say for sure), but I'll guess it was a "K" or "L" ...  with 15 stitches, Tunisian style.  I just finished it.  I'll put it towards the Scarf Drive I traditionally do in the fall/winter months.  

Getting back to my Guest Bloggers I want to again thank them for sharing their favorite crochet learning experiences with me, and with you, my readers.  I hope you enjoyed their entries as much as I did.  And yes, I know what you're all waiting for!  You're wondering who the random winner is!  Me too!!

 While I wish I could afford to give all my Guest Bloggers the prize, I cannot, but I do hope that they all consider blogging for me again the next time I'm in need of Guest Bloggers!  :)  So without further delay,
drum roll please!  Children, please pull out a name and hand it to me...

I hereby decree that Priscilla's name was pulled as the random winner for the Gift Card from Joanns.  Congratulations Priscilla!

joann.com Gift Cards!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK! You were missed. Sherri