Monday, September 20, 2004

The Eastern States Exposition

Today I'm busy preparing for The Big E.

The Big E stands for The Eastern States Exposition and is a huge 17-day state fair held in West Springfield, MA
 
I will be there, with my family and CGOA Chapter members on the day known as "Connecticut Day," which this year falls on this Wednesday, September 22.   We'll be there in the building known as "The New England State Building" displaying various types of crochet and providing free lessons -- complete with free hook & yarn.

If you go, be sure to stop by and introduce yourself -- we're hard to miss in our purple Club attire.  Also, be sure to check out all the fiber arts that ribboned at the CraftAdventure event that took place this past August ... including my daughter's "Blue Ribbon & Best of Show - Junior Division" entry!  (Can you tell I'm one proud Mama?!?)

With this in mind, it may be a few days until my next journal entry ... but you never know, I just may phone one in and share in the excitement of this event! 

To learn more about The Big E, you can visit their website at:   www.thebige.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo this sounds like fun! Have a great time :)
Congrats to your daughter.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your daughter, and have fun at the fair!  Sounds like fun!
~jerseygirl

Anonymous said...

WOW!  I say "WOW" because this is the first time I've come across "Crochet with Dee" and I'm having a BLAST!  Dee, you are truly an inspiration and a blessing to the crochet / fiber industry!  I happened across this "journal" by doing a Google search for pics from the CGOA conference.  See, Crochet! Magazine had some black and white photos from the conference, but I absolutely had to see the beautiful items in color and YOU had them!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  And thank you for your obvious dedication to the art of crochet (and knitting) and the work you've put into supporting the industry.  

So, I have a question for you regarding some of the designers that were affiliated with the conference and CGOA.  How does a gal get ahold of some of the patterns for the beautiful garments modeled at the conference?  Are they available for purchase somehow?  I absolutely adore the items designed by Joy Prescott, Willena Nanton, Lily Chin (I know she has a book out), Doris Chan, and so many others!  

I have not had much time to read all of the entries here in this journal, but plan to visit often and stay abreast of the "conversations" here and will be forwarding this wonderful journal to many of my friends.  I did want to mention that your poncho is spectacular -- or course, you already knew that ;-)  but I just wanted to join in with the multitudes who have said as much.  I am on AIM frequently under the username yarnaholic1963 and would love to visit with you and/or any of your readers.  

Thanks again!
Jeanie Gist
www.DiscountYarnSale.com