Wednesday, September 1, 2004

As luck would have it...

Ever get the feeling you've been everywhere, but nowhere in particular?  That's me today! 

This morning my husband's car broke down, and it was also our children's first day of school.  It was also our day for "Coffee, Crochet & Chat" at our local book store in Brookfield ... eye ya-ya-yie!  If only I had a super hero cape!!

I got the kids up, got them dressed, shoved everyone into the vehicle and zipped hubby off to work; then we dashed back home and as the kids finished getting ready for school I did my journal entry for today and printed out one of the upcoming class schedules to turn in.  With no time for a shower, we flew to the school just in the nick of time -- snap, snap -- got two quick pictures and chased them into the school to ensure they were on time.  Then I raced back home, jumped in the shower; ignored the constantly ringing telephone; dressed; grabbed my crochet project and was back out the door in 15 minutes flat.  Twenty minutes later I smiled as I saw my best friend, Patti -- gosh, I've missed her!  She joined us for our Coffee, Crochet & Chat session ... and then just as I was ready to go order some Carrot Cake for breakfast, Ruth, who was also there, said, "Hey Dee, knowing how your morning went, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have any."

J
inx.

They didn't.  (Arg!)  So I settled for a banana nut muffin and sat and enjoyed the slow pace of great conversation & crochet ... ah!

Afterwards, I went back to the school to get my wee-ones and off we headed to Dunkin Donuts to get their "First Day Back To School Celebratory Donuts" ...

Now, if you've been paying attention to my story, then you'd know that something "badish" would happen ...

And it did.  Dunkin Donuts was closed for renovations.

And if you've really been paying attention, then you'd know that something "goodish" would happen.

And it did.  Starbucks was open.  We went in and found a Mom from the school with her kids.  We got "Celebratory Cookies" and sat outside and had a nice chat.  Then we headed home ...

And the children declared, "We have no homework!! Yea!!!"

Please, a moment of silence as you know the "badish" is coming ...

Yes, the children have homework for me.  They took out about 500 pounds of text books that "need to be covered with X, Y, or Z" and two reams of paper marked "forms needing to be filled out and returned by tomorrow."  And I read the "homework paper" for the rest of the week ... apparently, I'll be assigned more homework for the next two nights.  Eish!

I can't allow this to cut into my crochet time tonight, especially since I've still got to fly across town and pick my husband up from work ... so I've decided that I'll fill out one set of papers, put the duplicate ones for my other child into the printer and "copy" them!!  (Whoo hoo!)

Now as I sit here all proud of myself for coming up with some sort of solution, I receive an email from AOL (don't worry, it's good news) ... apparently they like my journal and have opted to feature it on their Hobby page.  This means, right now -- I'm featured on two of their pages (Keyword: Books  and  Keyword: Hobby) ... you gotta love that!  :)

And it seems, right at this moment, I just received another notification from AOL ... and you guessed it ... they want to highlight my Journal as  one of their "Editor's Weekly Picks" (keyword: journal) ...

So, apparently, I am everywhere, and still have the time to do what I enjoy most ... enjoying my family & friends while getting in some stitches now & then.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!  congrats on Editors pick this week......we both made the list!
~jerseygirl  

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all your features : )  When I was young, my grandmother tried to teach me a few times to crochet, I never quite got the hang of it.  Before she died, she crocheted all her granddaughters the most gorgeous aphagans, that are heirlooms today....  

Still have wonderful memories of sitting by her feet while she attempted to show me how.  Wish I could have learned back then ......maybe someday

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on being one of the top 5. You're journal is great!!!!!!! We homeschool & I have two girls one 23 who graduated from Homeschooling & is teaching at a private school & one 16 who has her permit now and takes care of a special needs child several time a week. Both care for the elderly, love kids & animals & take Karate & Piano. We also love to go camping. We love animals and always take our tw big dogs camping. We love working on old cars also or just fixing our up. You can also check out our kodak pictures page first link in our OTHER JOURNALS LINKS. Cars, animals and our way of living are all there. We love getting posts in my journal & see how our daily life goes on I 'd love to hear from you.  LORI  

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on editors pick.  Enjoyed your journal.
Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee!! Congratulations! hugs, judi

Anonymous said...

Way to go...Congratulations on editor's pick. :)

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being an editor's pick.  Here's my blog if you ever get a chance to stop by.  
http://journals.aol.com/lilrazcal79/ConfessionofanOridinaryMind