Thursday, May 4, 2006

Caught in Public, Cont.

Last week I wrote about the joys of getting Caught in Public crocheting. Imagine my surprise when flipping through the local paper earlier this evening and seeing this:


Here's a closer look:

The picture was actually taken last summer when they were celebrating all the wonderful years Mrs. Emily (she is married) has spent happily volunteering to read stories to the children visiting our local library.

I was at the library with my children on that day and as she read I decided to quietly crochet some Overlay Crochet pieces that Mrs. Emily admired after storytime was over. (see Overlay image on left; click to enlarge)

Every week since that day last summer, when Mrs. Emily is volunteering at my children's school, she always inquires about what new crochet pieces I'm working on.  It's always a pleasure to show her and tell her about the technique/pattern I'm working on at the time.  And I always inquire with her what the latest children's books have caught her eye.  She's a real sweetheart! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Dee. I loved your overlay crochet class that I took. I really need to get back to it tho:) Happy day! Sherri

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!  BUSTED!  I love it!  

Hugs,
Sheila