Friday, October 16, 2009

Weekend Plans

A busy weekend is ahead, for sure! One of the events I'll be attending is the annual New York Sheep & Wool Festival held in Rhinebeck, NY. It is one of the largest Sheep & Wool Festivals/Fairs in the 13 Colonies (Maryland's is the largest).

Mary Beth Temple, of the Getting Loopy Show, author of Hooked for Life: Adventures of a Crochet Zealot and Design It Yourself Afghans will be doing a book signing. Doris, Nancy and Leslie will be there too, roaming, shopping, having a great time ...

One of the vendors I always look forward to seeing is The Rams Horn. Why? Because they make beautiful pewter jewelry -- crochet jewelry!! They're the one's I buy my crochet hook pendants from (as can be seen on my key chain in the photo on the right). I love their crochet pin too. This year, I'm looking to add their yarn basket earrings to my collection. :)

I plan on going on Sunday, with Nancy. I'm not sure what the weather will be like (hey, yesterday it SNOWED!), but I do know a good time will be had by all! I can't wait! :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Great link! I love pewter buttons and other items. Thanks and have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time at Rhinebeck. It's a bit too crowded for my liking. :) So I prefer the smaller, more local fiber festivals.

We had snow yesterday too. I believe it was the earliest snowfall in my area, ever recorded. Thank goodness it melted today. :)

Crochetheaven said...

Sounds like my northern friends have so much fun going to lots of fiber fests. So jealous!
Thanks for posting the link for The Rams Horn. A few months back I saw a pic of that same crochet hook (key chain) and have been wanting one. Now I know.