Monday, July 13, 2009

Guest Blogger: Dee Jr. (again)

Mom has been working hard and decided she needed a break and wanted to go out for some supplies. No surprise here, more supplies means more yarn. She asked me if I wanted to go for a ride with her, maybe ask my friend "Bones" if he would like to join us. (Mom gave him that nickname to use here because his last name is McCoy and he wants to be a doctor when he grows up. Mom said there is guy named "Bones" with the last name of McCoy on Star Trek, and that's where she got the name from.)

Why would I want to ask Bones to go to a yarn shop? Good question! Maybe because she said we would stop at the Basketball Hall of Fame on the way home? I called Bones. He was game. Even my dad decided he wanted to go.

When we arrived at Bones house to pick him up his mom said he had a shopping list from his Grandma. She wanted him to pick out some yarn for her, in baby colors but not in baby weight.

When we arrived at Webs, the yarn store, it was my job to teach him about yarn. I taught him how to look at what the yarn is made out of, how many yards you get, and what dye lot is. Mom said I did a good job helping him. Bones picked out Berroco's "Comfort" yarn for his Grandma. With my dad, we headed outside and tossed a ball around in the parking lot while my mom stayed in the store, chatting with the owner, Kathy.

Afterwards the Basketball Hall of Fame was pretty cool to visit. There was a lot of hands on stuff to do. It was a fun way to spend the day. And when we dropped Bones off at his house, his mom said he made a good choice in picking out yarn for his Grandma! :)

No comments: