Monday, October 8, 2007

Feeling Lucky?

I have been reorganizing my bag I use to tote my crochet hooks and other tools to class; it really needed it!  (Really, it's a cosmetic bag that is clear on the outside and on the inside which makes locating various items much easier!  You can find them at your local department stores.)  While reorganizing the bag my son held up my little blue button bag and asked, "Mom, when did you knit this? I hardly ever see you knitting!"  (It's the small blue bag within the clear cosmetic bag, can you see it?  The larger blue bag is a project from Pauline Turner's "How to Crochet" book.)

click on image for closer viewAll I could do is give a little chuckle and inquired back, "I made that little button bag a few years ago on a day when you were quite sick; I was stuck on the couch with you in my lap soundly sleeping.  Fortunately I had a ball of yarn, a crochet hook, and a set of knitting needles within reach.  Do you remember that day?  And are you sure it's knitted?"

He looked the bag over for a few more moments, shrugged his shoulders, and said he was unsure.  What do you think Readers?  To help, here's a close-up:


 

No comments: