Tuesday, April 29, 2008

She's Walking, and I'm Talking

I read in Priscilla's blog yesterday that she will be walking for MS on May 4th.  I wrote out a check, set it aside, and then posted the information on our HHCC Ravelry group yesterday thinking others might want to sponsor her too.  No sooner did I hit the "post" button that it occurred to me that I could challenge Priscilla to raise even more funds for MS!

How?  I am challenging Priscilla -- if she crochets while she walks, I'll double my donation!  This means, I'll take my donation and double it, helping her raise forty percent of her $100 goal.  Do stop by her blog and leave her a comment of moral and/or financial support.  At the moment she's trying to figure out how she can carry her supplies for the 5-mile walk ...

--------------------  and speaking of participating -------------------- 

Today is my big day to talk -- to talk crochet -- on Mary Beth's new Internet radio show called, "Getting Loopy."  The show is live, unlike a podcast.  This means you can participate by calling in to ask questions, or adding your thoughts -- or even posting them to the chat room that will be open while the show is on the air!  If you miss the show, that's OK.  It will be archived for later listening opportunities.

I do hope everyone comes and listens to the show -- start time is 1:00 PM (ET):  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Mary-Beth-Temple

 

No comments: