Saturday, October 1, 2011

Crochet Tributes

So here is the thing, if you take one of my classes, and you are wearing something you created by hand, and there is a stage ... then yes, there is a really, really good chance I'll ask you to get up on the stage and proudly show your creations off!  Thank you for being such great sports!  :)


_*~*_*~*_*~*_*~*_*~*_*~*_*~*_


As wonderful as it was to see all my old friends, and meeting so many new buddies at the recent ChainLink/ Knit and Crochet Show in Greensboro, NC, I did feel an incredible absence.  To not see the great smile of Jean Leinhauser there, who passed away this summer, was very sad to me.  She was the author of the first crochet pattern I ever laid eyes on -- and tried!  She was at every crochet conference I ever attended.  In the past 10 years we exchanged many emails discussing various topics about crochet; her wisdom and humor I cherished greatly.  To not see her at this conference felt to me like there was a huge hole;  I was delighted to see there was a Tribute to her on the Vendors Market floor:

She accomplished so much, and did so much for our World of Crochet.  Yes, Jean was & is greatly missed.

Check out this Tribute Leisure Arts created:



Jean will always be with us, in every stitch we create.

1 comment:

CrochetBlogger said...

I didn't know Jean but I am familiar with her work and her impact on the larger crochet community and can definitely imagine this absence there that you describe.