Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool 2010

I can't believe Rhinebeck's Sheep & Wool festival was a week ago already! Where does the time go?
Rhinebeck was great; I brought my children kids with me (they're starting to get so big that the word 'children' doesn't seem to fit as a description of them). We went on Sunday and the weather was (singing) "fan-tastic!"

Upon arrival we met up with my buddy, the HHCC Prez, Grace; and with Mary Beth Temple and her daughter LANKYLoopy. Within minutes we met up with Doris Chan, Diane Moyer, Leslie of WoolMountain, Sarah, and several other crochetaholics.  It was like old friends gathering together, excited about all the delicious fibers around us.  I fulfilled my promise to Doris, giving her a bottle of Jones Family Farm wine, for my appreciation of her Ling Collar pattern that won me so many ribbons and awards this year.

I then armed my son, Dee Jr., with my point-n-shoot camera so he can take pictures for his new blog, http://bearclawphotography.blogspot.com/ -- for an 11-year old kid with no photographing experience, I think he has a natural eye for capturing beautiful shots.  Hopefully he'll upload the Rhinebeck images to his blog soon.

In the meantime, as we strolled from building to building, basking in the Indian Summer day, my daughter Mini~Dee, and LankyLoopy enjoyed spending the day together.  It seems they were both drawn to the neon-colored yarns -- a lot! Together with Dee Jr, they also found the maple syrup cotton candy a deelight.  :)

I treated myself to three skeins of Boxelder Beetle by Sanguine Gryphon; a fingering weight yarn in a most lushious orange, made of 70% superwash merino, 20% cashmere, and 10% nylon.  The booth/shop owners wore the coolest gowns, and their yarn was just devine!

The day passed very quickly, and just prior to leaving the park grounds we bumped into Lily Chin.  To my delight I saw a lot more crochet than I have in years' past.  I take this to be a good thing, and am looking forward to Rhinebeck 2011!

No comments: