Saturday, June 7, 2008

Whew! It's Hot!

Here in Connecticut we are experiencing our first heat wave of the year.  I'd call it our first heat wave of the summer, except summer doesn't officially start until June 21st.  It doesn't matter, really.  I just know I'm too hot to crochet, and the electric/gas prices are out of control so I'm keeping the AC off for now. 

So what's a crocheter to do when it's too hot to crochet?  Shop!

That's right.  I've been burning up the phone and Internet lines shopping today!  And I feel a great sense of (cool) relief that I have nearly all the materials on hand, or ordered, for my upcoming classes I'll be teaching at the National Conference.  I am still working on my handouts, but having this much done already is a fantastic feeling!

In the past I've always appreciated all the hard work the teachers put into the materials they provided me, and my fellow classmates, when I was taking classes at the Conference -- but this brings a whole new level of appreciation!!  So to my past teachers -- let me thank you AGAIN for being so wonderful!  I do hope that all the work I've been putting into my materials (i.e. class handouts & supplies ) will echo your caliber of greatness!  And to Mr. Dee, I want to pre-thank you.  I know this is going to be a "whole 'lotta" stuff to haul with us to Manchester come this July!  ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dee, are you looking for that bead in the needle stack. LOL ;)
Mary

Anonymous said...

LOL; that's one of my most favorite photos I've taken while shopping!  To me, it represents a crocheter's haven -- hooks as far as the eye can see, never having to search for a missing hook because it's replacement is right there within reach.  I took that picture at Wrights (wrights.com) back in April when it was announced they were closing.
Thanks for visiting.
~Dee

Anonymous said...

Yes, Doris, there will be wine!  :)
LOL