Monday, June 2, 2008

Eye Candy

It's going to be another busy week for me, but just because I cannot show you what I currently have on my hook doesn't mean I can't offer you some eye candy to enjoy!

First, I'd like for you to check out what the International Freeform Fiberart Guild created for the 2008 Challenge entitled "Through Our Eyes":   http://www.intff.org

This year, along with the online exhibition, a companion book is available for purchase, that includes the photos of each piece and the poem or writing that accompanies it by each designer.  And -- 100% of the profits will go to Women for Women International.  The book is available in hard or soft copy; either of which would be a treasured addition to your freeform library or make a wonderful gift for a special friend or family member. Last year many Conference attendees had their books autographed!  More information about the book is available here:  http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/244119Myra Woods did another fantastic job with putting this exhibit & book together!

Secondly, if you're not a member of Ravelry.com, what are you waiting for?  I received a private message from Lucy, saying, "Dee: Did you see the NYTimes article about the glass blowers who have made chain stitches with molten glass? The article says, “Who knew you could knit and crochet with glass?” Check out the slide show picture #6. The site is: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/28/arts/design/28glas.html"

Thank you, Lucy, I hadn't!   Now that's amazing!   :) 
 

No comments: