Saturday, October 1, 2005

So this is it -- the BIG day is tomorrow!!!

So this is it -- the BIG day is tomorrow in NYC and Boston!  You're all planning on attending, right?  (If you live too far away, click onto the KOC2 logo and check to see if they will be having one closer to you.)

If you're looking to hook up with me, or members of my Crochet Guild of America Chapter, The Happily Hooked on Crocheting Club, then look for the purple T-shirts (see image to the left for what our logo looks like).  You'll find us in the Guild tent, in the Scarf Contest/donation tent, and so on. 

I haven't seen the final teaching demo schedule yet but believe I'm scheduled for teaching crochet flowers and freeform concepts around 3-4 PM.  Be sure to check with the main tent to get the right times if you're interested!

Also be sure to bring a camera and maybe some extra money too.  Although it is a free event, you may find a knit or crochet designer attending and want them to autograph a book for you; and it just so happens that there's a Borders book store right across the street!  (This is how I got my copy of Hip to Crochet: 23 Contemporary Projects for Today's Crocheter autographed last year!)

You'll also want to bring patience (it will be crowded),
and wear comfortable shoes -- and smile!  (Rumor has it a cable (fiber) show will be taping a segment at the NYC event!)  There is so much to see, so much to experience -- that it's an event not to be missed!

And just to give a little tease, below is a collage of photos from last year! (yes, that's me in the funny feathered hat!)  Hope to see you there! J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dee,
 Im so excited for you. I would just love to be able to attend a convention of just knitting and crochet. But Vegas does not host such conventions. Your very lucky to live so close to be able to attend these conventions. Im jealous:)
 Well Im very excited about being able to take your class on the 13th for the Overlay Crochet technique. As I mentioned before I will be coming from Ogunquit, Maine and when I ran the map from aolmap quest it says that it will take me 4 1/2 hours to get to Bethel. I may be alittle late but I will be there. Thanks for helping me out.
Sherri