Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Crochet on the March


With the exception of the new fad of being pelted with candy, I do love watching parades.  So when crochet artist Xenobia Bailey noted that she had a "cro-sighting" at the African American Day Parade in Harlem I was eager to see if I could find other accounts of it. 

          Happily, I did!

You can click here to see a video of the parade.  Watch the first marching band featured on the video (they're believed to be from Baltimore, MD).  Look at the tops and at the legwarmers.  The outfits look terrific, and the various marching bands sound great!  (I used to march in a band long ago -- can you guess which instrument I played?)

Ah, but if you want a close-up look, and to check out a great blog at the same time, then you'll want to
go here.   

The real question here is who crocheted all those tops & legwarmers?  Was it the marchers, or perhaps someone else?  Whoever did all that work, a crochet hook salute to you for a job well done!  It was great to see crochet on the march! :) 

No comments: