Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Oh, you KNOW you wanted to come SEARCH for me!

Oh, go ahead, admit it!   You so  wanted to come over and help search for me in my mountain of stash!  You wanted to see just how vast it really is!  Of course there'd be no possible way I could allow that as then I'd have to take responsibility should you get lost  in it! 

Fortunately for me, I have very clever children.  They opted to tie a string around my waist before I went in!  And because of that, I was able to backtrack and emerge from the fiber mountain last night just in time to cook the kids dinner!   Like I said, they're clever kids.  They love to eat and missing out on dinner because I'm lost in a mountain of yarn is not their cup of tea!   LOL

Unfortunately, though, I didn't find the colors I was looking for.  I predict a shopping excursion here!  And yes, this would mean I'd need to break my fiber diet and venture out into the world

While I contemplate the significant amount of damage I could possibly do while breaking such said fiber diet (i.e., combing the Sunday flyers for yarn sales, and on the Internet too), I am looking forward to pouncing on my UPS driver.  (Insert here mental image of Snoopy sitting in a tree preparing to pounce.)   Oh, my UPS driver has no idea that I KNOW he's to stop by today!   Wha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!

My order, based on the UPS tracking page, is to arrive at my house TODAY!!  To the right is one of the goodies I'm expecting!  Recognize the picture?  It's the bears I crocheted for my niece and nephew!  My children miss the bears so much that I opted to order a few things from the "TeddyBearDreams" shop.  You can too by clicking onto the text, or onto the image.  (Save $4 off $25 order with code AUG4; good thru 8/31/05)

A little bit of history about the lake they are sitting at:  It's all man-made!  Back in the day (we're talking like 60 years ago) it was one of the hot spots for NYC residents to drive up to.  They'd pitch tents and stay for nearly the whole summer!  Then as time went by, those tents became cottages, and then into year-round residential homes.  The area is rich with American history; you can learn more about it by clicking here.

Hmmm, is that the sound of a truck coming up my road? ... gotta go!

No comments: