Sunday, August 21, 2005

Fairing Well at the Fair

The air was sticky, the sun was hot, but we survived!  LOL

We spent the afternoon at the Bridgewater Fair and had a great time.  The first thing we did was check in on the Needlecrafts.  Wow!  There sure were a lot, and all of them beautiful!  So, since I'm including images here that my sweet hubby took, let me give the play-by-play:

1. The kids and I looking at the many needlecrafts that entered.  Crochet was strongly represented this year; awesome! 

2. My Waterwave Shawl (I included a "back shot" image of it on yesterday's blog entry) received a Blue Ribbon!  Yippee!  But best of all, two young girls approached me and said they thought my wrap was stunning and wanted to know if it was hard to make.  I advised them that once they have enough practice in, the sky is the limit!  I consider their inquiry as "Mission Complete!"  I know I've interested someone in the needlearts at this fair!  Yahoo!  (http://www.spectrum.newmilford.com/story.php?id=652267)

3. It's really hard to see, but the circle there is the tam (hat) with the matching tank top I crocheted for my daughter.  At first I thought it didn't ribbon, which was OK with me.  But later when I went to pick my entry up there was a ribbon attached!  Apparently the wind flipped the ribbon over to the backside.

4.  Again, it's hard to see what the item is, but that Red Ribbon is attached to the Communion Cape I crocheted for my daughter this past Spring.

5.  Although not my work, in this image is some beautiful felted bags various people entered.  Stunning work, huh?

6.  One of the categories they had for judging (non-needlecrafts) was "collections."  There were collections of everything from dinosaurs to "recycled people" made from papertowel cores.  This particular collection caught my eye -- Tatting!  A cousin of Crochet!  Sadly, this was the only tatting shown at the Fair.

7. Just another shot of the Tatting entry someone ribboned on.


So that's it for now!  I'm off to Massachusetts tomorrow to enter items into an even larger fair!  But first, I need to offer some guidance to my daughter who is doing last minute work on her entry! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Blue Ribbon! That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely,  I have thought of entering items into the fair but chickened out.  I am always in awe of what is shown.

Tonya

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your ribbons and good luck in Mass.!    Sheila