Monday, August 29, 2005

Fiesta? Softness? Texture? Sounds like Contradictions


Here it is, two days (including today) of summer left for my children. We'll be spending the time getting them ready to to start the new school year, and that means I'll need to abandon my journal/blog possibly for a few days.

To give my regular readers, and my new ones too, a little inspiration (perhaps? maybe? possibly?) while I'm gone, I'm providing these two images of my latest works hot off my hook(s):

To the left is a scarf I created using two strips of Hairpin Lace. I was careful to keep my ribbon flat as I wrapped it around the fork to ensure my "Fiesta of Ribbon" really showed. I want to give thanks to my sweetie for modeling it while I snapped pictures -- considering the weather is hot & muggy, she did a great job without a single complaint!  :)

On the right, is a scarf I finished crocheting at 1:30 this morning (when it's this hot, who can sleep?). It's a scarf I crocheted using mohair, my "Graydog" crochet hook (size N) in the technique that's making chatter in all the online groups: Waffle Weave. I love how it's so incredibly soft while still having a lot of texture to it. In the back of my mind there is a little voice telling me to try it with another mohair fiber and a larger hook to see what happens. (I'll need to quiet that little voice down for now!)


To see more details, click onto the pictures for a larger view. To see more of my work, visit my albums at
PictureTrail.com/CrochetWithDee

No comments: