Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Reader sends in the dogs!

Haley writes: I'm worried that you have been kidnapped by Archimedes and we need to send the Graydogs out to find you!!


Haley, and all, thank you for your concern. My family and I are fine. It's funny you mention Archimedes and Graydog in the same sentence -- Mini~Dee rocked her math project, earning a perfect score (she had to do a verbal presentation as well), and I, a few weeks ago, received another beautiful Graydog crochet hook ... but fear not. We are -- and will be fine.

So what happened? Where have I been? ... Here at CWDland we're going through a rough patch due to Mr. Dee's employer deciding to get rid of some 13,500 of their 18,000 employees. This means we've been focusing our energy internally, coming up with various game plans to keep our family afloat. It also means, aside from working on class proposals to submit for the 2009 CGOA Conference, that I have been working on my resume and researching various companies I am interested in working for. Next I will be brushing up on my interviewing skills. I'd love to stay/work in the crochet/fiber/fashion world, so if anyone has a lead, I'm all ears! :)

What does this mean to you, my readers? It means, for now, my virtual daily blogging about crochet has to change to either a few times a week, or a few times a month. Once the dust settles and we have a better idea of where we stand, I'll be able to settle into a predictable routine for sharing my passion for crochet.

For many, change does not come easy. We get comfortable and then fear the unknown. I'd like to think of this time as a challenge. The road might get a little bumpy, but I think, in the end, we'll be OK. It has to be, after all I have a new Graydog crochet hook that needs to be "walked" regularly. :)

4 comments:

Jennifer Cirka said...

I was worried about you!

Astaryth said...

I wasn't worried because I thought you were just busy making wonderful things for Christmas. I am sorry that your family is having these problems. I will, of course, keep you in my thoughts and send all the positive energy I can.

Sueb said...

So sorry for this rough patch. We have been through this several times in Seattle in the last 20 years and though it may not seem like it now, all will work out for the best. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care.

Betty Hechtman said...

I just found your blog. Sorry to hear of your difficulties. It sounds like you have a good attitude and I'm sure you will land on your feet.