Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kid Tested, Mother Approved

Last night I was working on some class materials for one of the classes I'll be teaching in Manchester, NH, come this July, when Mini~Dee decided to come and hang out with me a little bit.

"Is that for the Conference?" she inquired, pointing to the computer screen.

Mini~Dee tests Mom's instructions"Yes, and writing out the instructions for this part was sort of tricky.  I'm hoping I am able to explain it so my students who may have never tried this will be able to figure it out long after the class," I replied.

"You mean you're not going to show them how to do that?" she asked.

"Yes, sweetie, I will be showing them.  But sometimes, after you've taken many classes back to back, the information in your head gets a little cramped until you've had more time to tinker with what you've learned.  I want to ensure they'll be able to do this on their own, once they return home."

"Oh.  So, can I try it?"

I smiled.  This is the first time she's offered to test any of my crochet directions.  "Sure!"

She ran off, grabbed some hot pink yarn and her crochet hook and set to work.  She struggled just for a moment, but was soon sailing along.  "This is way cool, Mom!"

So there you go.  My instructions will be kid tested, mother approved.  {VBG}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heehee...sounds like they were kid-approved too!  That is sweet the way she just jumps in and helps. :)

Hugs,
Sheila