Thursday, November 3, 2005

Update: 60 Scarves in 60 Days


Dee,
I have been a fan of your website for a while now. I'm just emailing to let you know that I have made a scarf and donated it to the a local family advocates group. They help run-aways and abused women/families.
Thank you for all the informative and fun posts you do everyday!
Jess (a wisconsin crocheter)


This is music to my ears, Jess!!  Thank you for the lovely compliments, and more importantly for joining in this scarf drive!!  Here, my family refers to scarves as hugs.  So each time someone bundles up with a scarf you make it's like giving them a hug -- imagine how much nicer our world would be if everyone in need was given a warm hug!  Makes me a bit misty-eyed thinking about it  :)

Sherri left a comment yesterday that she's ready to crochet more scarves, and I whipped up two scarves yesterday. (well, alright, almost two -- I still have to weave in the ends).  But they count right?  LOL  Here's what I count for this week:

Sherri:  1 scarf  (with a pledge of more to come)
Jess:     1 scarf
Dee:      2 scarves (I'll have another fresh on the hook in a few hours)

How about you?  Want to join us and see if we can make 60 scarves by the end of the month?  Email me, leave a comment, or link to this blog entry.  Together, we can make a difference!  :D


And speaking of making a difference, it seems someone took some advice I had offered awhile ago: 

Dee,
You may not remember, but about a year and a half ago I wrote to you about being interested in a career in crochet, teaching and designing, and you encouraged me to apply for CGOA Associate Professional membership.

I did so, but didn't really begin to apply myself until January of this year. I got serious about my professional crochet goals, asked for a mentor, set some definite goals and now they are beginning to come to fruition!
You never know what a positive effect you'll have on others, so keep being your encouraging self!
Patricia


     Oh Patricia, I am absolutely beaming with joy in learning of this news!!  How wonderful!!

Readers, check out her blog and her website then hop on over and check out her first published crochet pattern!!  As I understand it, her pattern for a spiral hat and unique scarf is available for those that subscribe to the TahkiStacyCharles (Nov) newsletter.  Be sure to look for it!  (I just subscribed for their newsletter myself, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it!)  Once again, Patricia, Congratulations!!!! 

(5:26 PM UPDATE: Click here to see the pattern)
(6:10 PM UPDATE: Look to the left in the "About Me" section -- check out the cheerleader & the cheer Sheila sent to me after reading this blog entry!  Way cute! Thanks Sheila! )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add 4 scarves to your total, I'll probably have a 5th one by tomorrow...
I'll give them to my church, who districutes them to their homeless shelter..

Robin

Anonymous said...

I just found your site through a link from Crafty Corral. I like your scarf idea and I will start one for you today.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Just checking back to let you know I did get  one adult scarf made yesterday.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Add a child's scarf to your list. I will start another scarf today.
Gertie