Friday, November 5, 2004

Promoting Crochet

Yesterday my Crochet Club was at our local hospital doing a Crochet Demonstration & Donation event.  We had two tables set up in the main lobby filled with Crochet Treasures.  Many people complimented our work and were happy to see that we were utilizing our talents to benefit those in need.  At the end of the day we donated 100 hats to the Cancer Ward. That really felt great!

It was also fun to meet Katie, a lady that belongs to the yahoo group called
ConnecticutCrochet.  Apparently she was at the hospital for training and saw us setting up. She came over to the table and asked if Dee was around. I heard my name and looked over to her with a smile and said, "Hi, I'm Dee."  She smiled back and said, "Oh, I so wanted to meet you. But you don't look anything like your pictures on the Internet!" (Hmmmm. I wonder, is that a good thing, or a bad thing? lol   What do you, my readers, think?  Do I need to put up new pictures?)  It was a delight to get to meet Katie, and hopefully she will be able to join us for some crochet fun in the future.

Now, today, I'll be preparing goodie bags and commemorative notebooks for my club's upcoming 3rd Year Anniversary Celebration.  
Margaret Hubert will be our Special Instructor on Sunday. She'll be teaching Freeform Crochet.  Grafton Fibers will be making our delicious Commemorative Hooks this year. ...Oh, I love our Anniversary Celebrations! They're so much fun!!   :)

No comments: