Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bling Bling for the Conference

The Conference is just days away and I am finishing up loose ends --

but that doesn't mean I haven't tinkered with my crochet hook ... or my pliers.  You see, I decided I needed some  "bling bling" to wear with my newly crocheted attire while at the Conference. 

So, during a break from getting ready,  
I dug through my "other" stash ... the one I've been building up of various wires and charms and such and this is what I came up with to create:  an anklet and a pair of earrings.

It took about an hour to crochet up the anklet ... a series of chains that were then braided together, and about two minutes to assemble the sterling silver earrings.  (I purchased the crochet hook charms through Patternworks awhile back; I don't think they have any more.)

Is it hard to crochet with wire?  It doesn't need to be.  The thinner the wire, the easier it is to work up -- and you'll want to use a crochet hook you're not fond of as the wire will certainly scar it/scrape it up.  It certainly is fun to experiment with!

Maybe I'll get lucky at the Vendors Market and find little charms that look like balls of yarn to add to my earrings!  :)

No comments: