Thursday, November 30, 2006

WE DID IT!!!

I am truly, deeply, sincerely honored that so many helped in reaching the 3rd Annual "60 Scarves in 60 Days" goal!!  A big, huge, gigantic, mamothed sized Thank You goes out to each and every one of you!!

We left off on Tuesday being shy of nine scarves to reach the goal.  In that time, here's what happened:

Sheila, who is in the middle of moving, put aside her packing to start another one;
Le-Teisha donated 5 knitted and 2 crocheted scarves to a homeless shelter;
Laura has five scarves that will be going to a homeless shelter in San Francisco;
"divablueknight" completed two scarves over the Thanksgiving holiday;
Melanie rocks in with her seventh, and an eighth one on her hook;
Valarie donated two to her local church today;
Maddy donated one;
and Lucy, a second grade teacher, crocheted two children scarves and donated them to her school's "Caring & Sharing" campaign.
Beata who is learning the stockinette stitch knitted up a scarf and will be giving it to her local Christian Ministries
Sherri completed three more!

Then, if we add in the 3 additional scarves I worked up in the past two days...

                   Are you ready for this?

                         No, really?  Are you ready for the GRAND TOTAL???  

                                        Oh, you all know we rocked the count this year, don't you???
                                                           Yeah, you know it!!

We did it!!!  We surpassed our goal!!!


A total of 76 77 80* Scarves were crocheted and knitted for our 2006 "60 Scarves in 60 Days" Challenge!!  That's TOTALLY AWESOME!!

Congratulations everyone and thank you so much for participating!!!

Those scarves will be much appreciated by someone in need in your community!! :)


* This total may change as there's still a few hours of the month left!  If you've created a scarf to dontate, please leave a comment here or send me an email to have yours counted!  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee,
I finished the eighth scarf and they will all be donated to a homeless shelter here in Tucson.  Congratulations to you Dee and to everyone who made a scarf.  I'm already looking forward to next year.  Well...after a short break of course, where I can get caught up on all my other projects. LOL
Grammy's Knots

Anonymous said...

Ok Dee,
 I finished all my scarves 6 in total. They are going to Child Haven here in Vegas. I already gave them 3 of the scarves now I have 3 more to donate. Again I cant wait for next year to start these scarves again. I pray you have a great day! Sherri