Saturday, July 15, 2006

CGOA 2006 National Conference: Day Two

Today was just an incredible day ... am I allowed to go retro and do "Valley Girl" impressions with a bunch of "Oh, my gawd(s)" thrown about?  I so want to so go Valley -- it was that kind of a great day.

It started off with a fantastic class with Pauline Turner.  I so love her books and was really looking forward to this class as I knew I could learn things from her to make my teaching even better.  I was so right!  It was like the bulb went off above my head for many ways I can improve the learning process for my students.  Let's just say that I left the class illuminated! LOL

There was a long break between my morning class & evening class so I went to see some publishers.  Boy did I have butterflies fluttering around in my stomach!  But with the encouragement from Melissa Leapman's class from last night, the huge discussion of copyright from Tammy on Wednesday, and with my family's support I went for it.  And they loved every pitch I offered!  (See, I told you it's an "Oh my gawd" kind of day!)  I'm going to have A LOT of work to do, but I'm really looking forward to it!

Afterwards I was kidnapped -- my family took me to putt putt golf, to "Penguins on the Beach" (there's no escaping the beach scene for me this week **giggles**  it's a shop that sells the most delicious Italian Ices!), and then a quick visit to Valley Forge to see where our first President made history. 

In the evening I had a class on Tunisian Jewelry ... I have an image of my class work featured this evening (please cross your fingers that the pictures don't go "MIA" again!).  That class was a lot of fun!  Thank you Kathleen!!  :)

And then it was time for the International Freeformers to gather!  Oh, we're such schemers!  One of the members recently got married so we decided to surprise her with Bridal Freeform Scrumbles ... boy! did we ever surprise her!!  Then off we went to Prudence & Margaret's room to get a sneak peak at some items that will be featured at tomorrow night's Fashion Show. 

What a most fantastic day!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Circles go for a walk????  Care to explain???? :)

I like that your family kidnapped you for some time with them.  I'd love to visit the area myself as my dad's ancestors are buried near there...the first ones from Germany in 1690!!!

So, you know I have to ask....how old are you, Dee????  You mentioned the "Valley Girl" so you're kind of dating yourself!  Hahahahahahaha!  

OMG!  And like the bridal freeform is like sooooo bitchin'!!!!!  (sorry, I couldn't resist!).

Have a totally tubular time!
Sheila