Thursday, March 16, 2006

Feeding the Addiction with Inspiration, Part II

If you recall my entry about Feeding the Addiction with Inspiration then you're ready for an update, yes?  Take a peek to the right.  Instead of an actual photo, this is a scan of the necklace.  I think the scan shows the chain stitching much clearer than a photo would -- unless I opt to use the macro option on the camera.  Hmmm.  Maybe I'll do that when the piece is finished.  The wire and beads have a LOT of shine in the "real world," it's just not showing up as deliciously bright & colorful as it really is here in the scan.

The bulk of the crochet work is done.  I need to add the fiber, the findings, and then the icing -- the flower bead!  This has been a slow project for me; one that I relish the moments with.  While I'm excited to see what it will look like in the end, picking each aspect of the project has been a delight.  It's really a project that I do not want to "rush" through; it's one of those projects that's turning into a "labor of love" I guess.  :) 

I sent an email to Jane inquiring if she has some ideas on how I could attach my flower bead; so stay tuned!  If you haven't checked out her beads yet, you're missing out on a BIG treat!  oh, wait, there's an email from her!  Good news!  She'll be at the Bead Expo in Fishkill, NY, come this July!!  YUM!!

Alright, that's enough peeking for now.  I promise I'll update you all on this project as it develops some more.  In the meantime I've got to figure out what Jane means by sending photos by phone(?) and then get back to work. (yes, deadlines!)  I won't be updating for a few more days, so I'm hoping this holds you all over for a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee,
 Your necklace is going to be gorgeous! Can you tell Im drooling?
Sherri

Anonymous said...

That necklace is beautiful!!!  I love your blog.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!