Saturday, November 13, 2010

Checking In

After almost two months, I have decided to give up my new desk to my daughter.  I miss the sunshine too much!  Yes, this does mean I'll be moving back to the kitchen table, but I'm OK with that.  Mini~Dee is ecstatic, of course.  Not just because she's getting the desk, but because we're also ripping down the old wallpaper in her room.  Of course I am thinking of teasing her a bit by telling her I'll be replacing all the wallpaper with my abundant crochet samples ... oh, wait, I kinda like that idea for real!  LOL  ((she'd kill me!!))

My father stopped by to tell me he purchased some tile; he is moving forward to fixing the leaking problem in his basement.  I'm not sure how long that will take, but I've already started letting my mind wander on how I'd want to decorate and organize my studio once I get the green light.  One thought that came to mind is to take a plastic table cloth stamped with crochet that I've had for a number of years and somehow use that to decorate a wall or two.  Either by securing the table cloth to the wall and spray painting over it, letting the spray paint fill in the gaps and then remove the table cloth; or by rolling paint over the table cloth and carefully pressing it against the wall.  I love daydreaming about this stuff!  What would you do?

Oh, and please tell my postal carrier to hold off on delivering the latest Ikea catalog ... I can get lost in the pages for hours!!  If you want some craft room inspiration, and are a member of Ravelry, be sure to check out the "My Craft Room" group. 

No comments: