Friday, June 19, 2009

Flirting...

With Cotton Candy now off the hook and awaiting final touches, such as weaving in the ends, securing the handle(s), blocking, and adding a lining -- why, yes, it is a bag! -- I have a little bit of time to do some flirting ... in fact, I've already started...

Before I go much further than the swatching I've already started, using luscious extra fine merino wool (dk weight), I must stop and ponder. Do I really want a pair of sandals made of wool?

While this wool (called Sublime by Sirdar) is heavenly to pet both as a ball and worked up, I must question my sanity of wearing wool sandals in the summer; Isn't that an oxymoron or something like that? And would I survive should they decide to felt while I'm wearing them? Oh sure, Connecticutican's are well known for wearing socks with sandals, but really -- wool sandals? Cotton might do, but cotton lacks memory. If cotton lacks memory, and I'm questioning my sanity, then who is driving the hook? Get where I'm going with this? I could turn to acrylic, but then I discovered during the sock workshop my Chapter had in April that I'm not crazy about the feel of acrylic on my feet.

Maybe I should go back to drinking more coffee. Things made much more sense to me back then.

1 comment:

CrochetWithDee said...

For those interested, the pattern for the sandals is in a book called Portraits in Crochet, from Lily Mills Company, circa 1930's-1940's. It's called Flirtation Walk Sandals, pat. #18.