Friday, November 7, 2008

2009 CGOA National Conference

It was announced this morning on the Crochet Partners group (on Yahoo) that the 2009 Chain Link/CGOA National Conference will be held in Buffalo, NY, August 5th - 9th. (There are no official announcements on the CGOA's website, but they did post more pictures from the 2008 conference.)

For me, that's a six hour ride (2 hours further away than Manchester, NH) -- and it's also a kick in the pants to get my passport since Niagra Falls is just a 20 minute ride away -- as well as the Canadian border.

I was just reading a news article yesterday that they expect a huge rush of folks trying to beat the new law requiring you have a passport to travel to our neighbors, Canada and Mexico. And this means that naturally I'm going to want to now about local Canadian yarn shops to visit ...

3 comments:

Tracie said...

We were so excited to hear of the new location. My friend who's going with me is from the area and has family there. So while I'm at PDD she's going to go visit her family. So it works out for everyone! I'm excited to finally have a date to put on my calendar. :)

And of course I can't wait to meet you, Dee!!!

Sandie said...

Dee, nothing to do with your post but I noticed that the Orphan Works has passed the Senate...
http://capwiz.com/illustratorspartnership/issues/bills/?bill=11322171&size=full

Sheila said...

Buffalo, eh? Hmmmm...will have to think this one over. The drive would be long but not as far as the east coast.

And I DID renew my membership!!!