Monday, February 12, 2007

A Cameo Appearance?

I'd like to send out some thank yous today.  First to Sherri for her "CrochetWithDee" eagle eye (man is she quick!) as she is the one who discovered I have a "cameo appearance" in the new book, "not your mama's crochet" by Amy Swenson. 

I had no idea Amy had included me in her new book, and so today I stopped at my local book store and purchased a copy.  On page 190 Amy wrote:


"Crochet with Dee. Dee has been crocheting and teaching crochet long enough to answer your questions before you get a chance to ask them. Her site is a treasure of crochet information, from patterns to instructions on obscure techniques."


Wow; I am totally flattered to have this cameo!  And in flipping through the pages of her new book -- I love it!  From the patterns offered, to the little helpful notes for variations, for the articles such as "When projects go bad," and the permission for "spontaneity" (page 59) ... it's great!  We have a major snow storm rolling in on Valentine's Day -- I'll be here, sipping on hot chocolate, enjoying reading this new book. ((Thanks Amy!!)) 

Congratulations Amy; and for everyone else, if you'd like to learn more about Amy, give her blog, Indigirl.com, a visit.  You'll be glad you did.  :)
Tags: , ,

No comments: