Saturday, January 14, 2006

CrochetWithDee Turns Two!!


Tomorrow is the mark of two years of blogging -- of sharing my passion (as quirky or opinionated as it may be) about the art of crochet.  And I have had a good time doing it!  In that spirit I've decided to have a contest to celebrate and you're invited!!  Whoohoo!

The contest centers around rewriting a fun jingle into something that reflects YOUR passion about crochet:

  The Original Jingle:
        My Bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R
        My Bologna has a second name it's M-A-Y-E-R
        Oh!  I love to eat it every day
        And if you ask me why, I'll say
        Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A.

Here's my version:
I have this serious addiction; it's C-R-O-C-H-E-T
I love it so much that I avoid housework like the P-L-A-G-U-E
Oh! I love to crochet every day
and if you ask me why, I'll say
Cause my yarn stash is bigger than the entire U-S-of-A!





The Official Rules:
1. Rewrite the Oscar Mayer jingle to reflect your love of crochet.
2. Email it to me or leave it as a comment before midnight (12:00 Eastern Time) by 01-15-06.
3. The Judges (my children) will select a winner. In the event of a tie, the two lyrics will be displayed as a future journal entry where readers can vote for their favorite. In the event that that ties, then it all comes down to the toss of a skein of yarn -- label facing up to the writers name will win.
4. The winner receives the honor of having a donation made to the Friends of Karen, Inc. non-profit organization in their name.
5. I am not to be held responsible for the tune getting stuck in your head.
6. Have fun with it. After all this is what birthdays areall about! :)


                                                         "How's that?"   :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee honey, Your really cute pic of the ladies is covering up your writing. I cant see anything under the pic. Just thought Id let you know:) Happy Birthday !!

Anonymous said...

I have resized the "billboard" ... it should be OK now.
Thanks for letting me know,
~Dee
:)

Anonymous said...

LOL Dee... I don't think I can top that one, suits me to a tee.  I hope you're planning on posting some of your entries recieved!  ~Cris

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dee!  Your blog-site is delightful!  So, here's my entry:

I am a true yarn junky, that's J U N K Y
And I love to pet my yarn skeins, yes, D A I L Y
Oh, I'm so addicted to my craft,
That if you saw me you would laugh,
For all I do for all the day is C R O C H E T.

Now, for the slightly more crude version, you could substitute "balls" for "skeins"
;-)

Gaillardia (gailalang@aol.com, one of your Crochet Partners!)

Anonymous said...

Hi, again, Dee.... can we enter more than once?  If not, I like the other one best.  So here is my second (and last) attempt, then I must turn on the radio before I have to be institutionalized, for screaming "I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" incessantly....

OOOOOOH, my fingers are just aching, from all my crochet play
But I find I cannot stop it, it's all the live-long day
Yet I love to fondle all my yarn
And when I stop it, I sure mourn....
So every day, I've got to bray "I C-R-O-C-H-E-T!!!"

Gail again

Anonymous said...

ok Dee, Im not very good at doing these things but heres my version:)
My crochet hook has a first name, Susan
My crochet hook has a second name, Bates.
Oh I love to use then everyday,
And if I use them in many ways,
I get to do some awesome CROCHET!

heeheee I tried! Sherri