Tomorrow is the mark of two years of blogging -- of sharing my passion (as quirky or opinionated as it may be) about the art of crochet. And I have had a good time doing it! In that spirit I've decided to have a contest to celebrate and you're invited!! Whoohoo!
The contest centers around rewriting a fun jingle into something that reflects YOUR passion about crochet:
The Original Jingle:
My Bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R
My Bologna has a second name it's M-A-Y-E-R
Oh! I love to eat it every day
And if you ask me why, I'll say
Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A.
Here's my version:
I have this serious addiction; it's C-R-O-C-H-E-T
I love it so much that I avoid housework like the P-L-A-G-U-E
Oh! I love to crochet every day
and if you ask me why, I'll say
Cause my yarn stash is bigger than the entire U-S-of-A!
The Official Rules:
1. Rewrite the Oscar Mayer jingle to reflect your love of crochet.
2. Email it to me or leave it as a comment before midnight (12:00 Eastern Time) by 01-15-06.
3. The Judges (my children) will select a winner. In the event of a tie, the two lyrics will be displayed as a future journal entry where readers can vote for their favorite. In the event that that ties, then it all comes down to the toss of a skein of yarn -- label facing up to the writers name will win.
4. The winner receives the honor of having a donation made to the Friends of Karen, Inc. non-profit organization in their name.
5. I am not to be held responsible for the tune getting stuck in your head.
6. Have fun with it. After all this is what birthdays areall about! :)
"How's that?" :)