Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Lady Luck must be sitting with me

Sheila wrote, "[I] would love to see pics of the necklace - hint, hint"


Thank you, Sheila, for the kick in the "yarn totes."  I hear you and I will comply! LOL   First let me stand up and make the confession that I somehow lost my digital camera.  I haven't seen my SLR since Christmas either (I can't help but wonder if we left it at my SIL's).  I haven't a clue why my cameras are going MIA, but life cannot function normally without them.  Especially for someone who wants to keep track of her crocheted creations and share them in her blog -- me!!  Eish!!

Whew.  It felt good to confess that!  So, now on to the good news, and then the even better news.  Remember that Santa Hat I spoke about crocheting for my boss a few weeks back?  Well, I got a check today for crocheting it.  A total surprise!  had no idea that I was going to be paid for crocheting it for him so I did a little happy dance and knew immediately  what to do with it -- yep, get a new digital camera!!  The key is to find one that won't cost an arm & a leg as I still have high hopes my MIA cameras will be found.

Lady Luck must be sitting with me right now because in my Office Max flyer they had a
3.1 megapixel camera on sale for $80 ... and with a bunch of rebates & such, it also comes with a free printer (Oh, how I could use a new printer too!!!) ... did I say that my postal carrier must love me?  Yep, in the mail was also a flyer to get $40 off of a $200 purchase.  So, at the end of the day, when all is said and done, I'll be getting this digital camera & printer delivered to my front door for about $40 -- compliments, actually, from a crocheted Santa Hat.  I love days like this!!

So, Sheila, and my other readers, hang tight!  Digital pictures will be acomin'!

Let me also say that I adopted a new book yesterday -- I'll tell you all about this sweet beauty tomorrow!  :)

No comments: