Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tinted Rain

It was reported in the news yesterday that this July is one of the coolest on record ... if it stays this way here in Connecticut, there is a good chance we'll beat the 1888 record! This is not a complaint. This is a boast. I am sooooooooo loving this weather! No AC, no fans. It is perfect for crocheting in or outdoors!

Unfortunately, it is also one of the wettest Julys on record. Bleh. I've noticed on rainy days people tend to dress in dark colors and it makes everything seem so drab. Not so for me. I just finished this shoulder wrap that I'm calling "Tinted Rain."


It's made with Louisa Harding's Merlett yarn (a vicose, polamide, linen mixture from Italy), that I mixed with a very fine glittery filament thread called "Lurex," both from my recent trip to WEBs..

As I crocheted each stitch with my amethyst & opal Graydog hook, the reflective shine from the yarn & the filament got me to thinking how cool it would be if raindrops were tinted the colors of the rainbow. There'd be no more gray days!

For more information about this project, please visit my Projects page on Ravelry. In the meantime, the sun is out, and I have much more crocheting to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my that is stunning! I think I need to mosey on over to Ravelry :D