Friday, October 18, 2013

Doodle-dee

While at my CGOA Chapter's monthly meeting last week I started to doodle with my yarn and hook.  Doodling to me is a great way to explore the "what if," taking what I know about a stitch and then trying to create it an entirely different way to see what happens.

And that is how I came up with this:


Then, when I got home, I tried it with mohair and absolutely fell in love with the stitch:



Cool looking, right?  Yes, it is 100% Tunisian.  I'm still going through books trying to identify the stitch.

Have you ever doodled with yarn and been pleased with the outcome?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love doodling! The Tunisian is my favorite thing to crochet. I am still learning it though. I love the new stitch you doodled and hope you can post how you did it! I would love to use it for a gift.