Friday, May 3, 2013

Book Review: "Crochet Book 1"




Queen Anne's Shawl
Alium Ascot

I met Rebecca Velasquez several years ago at one of the Crochet Guild of America's conferences, and we've been keeping in touch ever since.  I knew she wanted to design crochet patterns that would include projects tween girls to adults would love to wear, and I'm delighted that she has accomplished this through her new ebook through Quince & Co, called "Crochet Book 1."
Pauline Hat
Waterlily Mitts
Marigold Sweater


In her new book, retailing for $13 (US), five lovely patterns are included: Queen Anne's Shawl, Waterlily Mitts, Marigold Sweater, Alium Ascot, and Pauline Hat.  Not only is the photography inspiring, but in looking at her pattern for the Waterlily Mitts (which I am itching to get started on!), her patterns are typed in easy-to-read fonts, and includes International Symbol diagrams.  Another cool bonus -- if you only want one pattern rather than the entire book, you can purchase just the patterns you want!


Interested in trying to win a copy of her new ebook?  Leave a comment below, including a way on how Rebecca can contact you.  One random winner will be announced soon!  Increase your chance of winning by visiting & leaving comments at the other blogs reviewing Rebecca's new book:  http://rebeccavelasquez.com/wordpress/

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Hi Dee, I to love the gloves and the pretty neck scarf just lovely.
Sherri
Crochetr@aol.com

byhooks4u said...

Oh my I just love the shawl pattern. I have been looking for one like this. I am curious though, is it made with thread..it looks so dainty.

CrochetingWithDee.com said...

Hi Vikki,
Based upon the info on the http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-71186-1.html page, and matching the stitches per inch with the hook size on this page http://craftyarncouncil.com/weight.html, the yarn is a DK / light worsted weight. I need to get me some to play with :)
~Dee

Norah said...

Hi Dee, I love the sweater and scarf!
norahwillett@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous patterns from a wonderful lady
Josh
Thefibear@gmail.com