Friday, April 13, 2012

Kaplow ~ Thank You!

Dee Jr headed off to school this morning with the 40 hand-crocheted Chemo Caps, a variety of school supplies, and the $100 collected from our generous sponsors.  When he got home from school this afternoon, this is the story he told me:

"I turned the donations in to my homeroom teacher; when I gave her the check her eyes got real big and she said, 'Wow!' (The check had a copy of the blog entry attached to it about how the funds were raised.)


"While at my second period class we were decorating boxes for the donations to be placed in when I was called out to the hallway by my Writing teacher who was in charge of the Charity Drive/Community Project honoring Louis Kaplow's memory.  When I went out to the hallway I was introduced to Mr. and Mrs. Kaplow; they shook my hand.  They said that they were really happy and thankful for everything - especially the hand-made chemo caps and the money we raised.  My teacher said she had thought I was a good student, but after today she said I raised the bar.


"My teacher then took two of the 40 chemo caps around to every classroom to explain to my fellow classmates that they were hand-made and what their importance was.


"It was a great feeling to help with this drive. I'm glad so many people helped me contribute to it!"

I agree with my son; this wouldn't have been possible without the support of our family & friends!  Thank you, everyone, who helped us make this donation possible!!  :)

No comments: