Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Education: BAARAM University - RU A Graduate too?

One of my favorite movies to watch with the kids when they were younger was the 1995 movie, "Babe."  Do you remember it?  It's a story about a pig wanting to be a sheepdog.  Aside from being an inspiring movie about reaching one's dreams, I loved the line, "Baa-ram-ewe! Baa-ram-ewe! To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true! Sheep be true! Baa-ram-ewe!"  This single line from the movie would be repeated by my entire family for years!

And as the years passed, and my passion for all that is crochet and fiber related grew, eventually I began telling my kids I was a graduate of "BaaRamU" --  of course, no such school/university exists, but if it did, then I think I'd have well earned the right to state it is my school of choice.  Think about it.  If you crochet, or knit, or weave, or spin, there is a lot of education there: math, science, liberal arts ...

Flash forward to last week when I was updating my Facebook account: I'm not a fan of giving Facebook a lot of personal information so I decided to list BaaRamU as my "official college." (Feel free to list it as yours too!  lol)  Then I decided that I need "BaaRamU" attire that shows the pride of my "choosen school," so today I created the logo and then opened the CafePress shop:  http://www.CafePress.com/Shop/BaaRamUniversity

BAARAM University - RU A Graduate too?

No comments: