Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crochet History Up for Auction

My son approached me holding out his two bags from the Guinness World Record Attempt we participated in back in June. "Mom, can you sell these for me?" he asked.

I looked at him for a few moments to judge how serious he was. "I'm a Yankee fan, Mom. These items are 'Mets' ... "

"But," I replied, "You were a witness to history in the making. We actually set the record for the Most People Crocheting in One Place! These are your souvenirs from that day!"

"I know." He added, "There is nothing wrong with the Mets, but I'm a Yankee fan, Mom. My heart belongs to the Yankees like your heart belongs to Crochet."

OK, so the boy has a point, and a darn good one at that. How can I argue with that line of reasoning?

And now he has an eBay auction going on where you can bid on his New/Mint MET bags ... http://tinyurl.com/NYMetsCrochetWorldRecordBags

No comments: