Friday, April 9, 2010

Is it vacation time yet? :)

I cannot believe it is April already! How did this happen?!? Apparently I've been so busy working on the Fiddler on the Roof Shawl drive (and other activities) that time just got away from me. Hey, it happens!

I did manage to:

  • Register for the 2010 Chain Link Conference -- what classes did you sign up for??
  • Attend the local Coffee, Crochet & Chat sessions held at Borders book store in Danbury.
  • Hang out with the ever fun Mary Beth Temple when she was visiting Ridgefield.
  • Finally figured out the Tunisian positive/negative spacing concept from the Forest Petals Shawl featured in the 2010 Spring issue of Interweave Crochet magazine (my practice piece is pictured below) ...
  • Read all 4 of the Twilight books (in 4 days!)
  • Read the latest crochet murder mystery by Betty Hechtman...can you believe her 5th in the series is out!?? :)

I still need to:

  • confirm a new home for the HHCC meetings
  • write up some new crochet patterns you all have been madly passionately emailing me for
  • send out the prizes I offered on Ravelry.com for National Crochet Month
  • take down the library display that was featured for National Crochet Month; I hope you got a chance to see it.
  • prepare to attend the Connecticut Sheep & Wool Festival on April 24th with the HHCC
  • start some new local crochet classes for the spring/summer months
  • get my cell phone & computer issues resolved once & for all!
  • work up something delicious with the Tunisian positive/negative spacing concept...

Whew! Is it vacation time yet?! :)



No comments: